Whole30 Sweet Potato Casserole
I adapted this recipe to make it Whole30 Compliant
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 banana
- 2 cups walnuts
- 2 cups coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 350F. Bring 3 cups water to a boil in a medium sized pot. Add in the peeled and chopped sweet potato. Cook over medium heat, for about 5 minutes, until fork tender. Drain and set aside.
- Warm coconut milk in pan. Add sweet potato and banana.
- With a potato masher, mash in the cooked sweet potato and the banana into the pot.
- Now stir in the cinnamon. Adjust seasonings if necessary. Cook on low for another few minutes.
- Make the topping by covering chopped walnuts in melted coconut oil. Add enough cinnamon to coat the walnuts and make a clumpy mixture.
- Pour the sweet potato mixture in a baking dish and spread out evenly. Now sprinkle on the walnut topping.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes, at 350F. After 20 minutes, set oven to BROIL and broil on low for a couple minutes, watching very closely so you do not burn the topping. Remove from oven and serve. makes 3-4 servings.